I thought I would pop my basic cake recipe up. I use this as the base for pretty much everything, then add and remove to it as I need to. I plan on popping a few tastier recipes on here at a later date, and so I figure it'll be easier to be able to link back to this post rather than typing the same basic recipe.
These cakes are definitely easy mode, so anyone can give them a go!
You will need:
- 8oz Self raising flour
- 8oz Caster Sugar
- 8oz Unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to about 180 (I have a gas oven with no temperature scale, so I just guess...)
- Pop your butter into a bowl and mix it until it's creamy. I do this with an electric mixer but it can be done by hand too with a wee bit of elbow grease.
- Add your sugar to your butter and cream. Again, this can be done with a mixer or by hand.
- You now want to sift your flour into bowl and add your eggs. Mix these in, I tend to do this by hand at first then by mixer, otherwise it can get a bit messy.
- Add your vanilla. This is where you generally would anything else you fancy in your cupcakes.
- Pop them in the oven for around 15 minuets, or until a knife/skewer/cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave them in the tin for about 5 minuets then transfer them to a wire wrack. Leave them to cool and decorate as you wish!