REVIEW | Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo

9:00 am


Me, everyone else and their mum's love dry shampoo. I have abused my hair with bleach for many years so never really knew what oily hair was, now I have dark roots I just can't deal with how fast its gets greasy. 

I've used Batiste dry shampoo for many years, but I wanted to try something new so when I saw this in Asda I thought I'd give it a go. I love Herbal Essences, The 'Hello Hydration' shampoo & conditioner pair are two of my favourites (they smell amazing!), but sadly this just doesn't live up to the almighty beast that is Batiste.

The smell is pretty darn good, I can't find this particular scent anywhere other than Asda, but every single Herbal essences product I've owned as smelled just lovely so I can imagine they are all dandy. But that's about it. Sadly this product does nothing for me. It is a lightweight product so I wasn't expecting it to give me that 'just washed' look that Batiste do, but a 'maybe I washed this a day ago' look would be nice- instead I got 'why yes, my hair is a chip-pan!'. It made my hair feel like I had drenched it in hairspray; sticky, flat and shiny. I've tried using less, I've tried using more and it's all much the same. I love the 'bouncy' and 'fresh' feel of other dry shampoos, but this just leaves me feeling limp and lifeless. I had high hopes for Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo, maybe too high, but it just falls short. I think I'll stick to rotating which type of Batiste dry shampoo I get next time I fancy a change. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

I read and reply to every single comment, I would really love it if you left one!