REVIEW | Hydraluron Moisture Booster

1:55 pm


I'm going to say something that may shock a lot of beauty bloggers/readers; I'm not keen.


Hydraluron is said to "over time, increases skin's hydration level and minimises the need for frequent topical moisturising. This increase in moisture levels has been shown to increase skin elasticity and reduce surface roughness" Which I'm sure it does, It's just not very noticeable. I've been using this stuff for over 2 months now, and while I feel it probably is doing something good for me, I can't see it.

I suffer from very-very dry/flaky skin around and on my nose, and the rest of my face is normal to dry, so this seems like the perfect product for me. However, I find that when I use it, it makes my face feel stiff and almost dry-er. I read somewhere that applying it while your face is still slightly damp helps, which it does, but I feel I am diluting the product when I do that. at almost £25 quid a pop, I shouldn't have to faff about with pre-wetting my face to apply it. My skin condition around my nose has improved, but it only started to do so when I began using Garnier Moisture Match and St Ives Apricot Gentle Scrub every day. 

In it's defence I think the packaging is fancy and a little goes a long way. I've been using it for over 2 months almost every day, and I'd say I still have a months worth of product left. If it last me a full 3 months, thats about £8.33 a month, which considering the price of products these days, isn't too outrageous. 

All this being said, I can find very few bad reviews, so I think it's a very personal thing. My skin seem to be quite fussy, so what doesn't work for me, may turn out to be your holy grail.

Hydraluron Moisture Booster - Boots £24.99 (16/10/13)











You Might Also Like

1 comments

I read and reply to every single comment, I would really love it if you left one!