REVIEW | Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede

3:46 pm





I always feel a little bit silly feel a little bit silly wearing lipstick during the day, so on the rare occasion I go on a "night out" I jump at the chance. My mum actually recommended the Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede line to me, She bought the shade "Backstage" and swears down it's the best lipstick she has. I was planning on wearing an entirely black outfit so wanted something that made me look less like I was going to a funeral, So I went for a hot-pink shade named "muse". I really do love this shade, I don't need another bright pink lipstick but I'm so glad I got this one anyway.

It's a very creamy consistency, and has a lovely sheen to it. I have worn this over dry lips and the sheen kind of disguised it. If you leave your lips to "set" for a few minutes the consistency is a little less creamy but just as moisturising. Just feels less likely to smudge all over your face. It's not the most opaque formula, I applied about 2-3 layers for the colour shown on my lips above. 

When applying the product I did not notice any taste or smell, but giving the tube a sniff, it has a light scent, and not a very nice one. I've never noticed this the entire time I've used this so I wouldn't say it was a downside. 

The best part of this lip product is it's lasting power. Lipsticks don't last very long on me, hence my love of Lipcote, but this stayed hours. I put this on around 9:30 pm, after work and headed out. I was drinking, dancing and talking a lot during the night and yet it was still perfect when I woke up the next morning. I have a friend who says it didn't last as long on her, but was a good 3-4 hours without touchups. 

According to the Revlon website there are 20 shades, however they only had around 10 in the Boots branch I was in. The 10 shades I saw were very varied, so 20 different shades is pretty impressive in my opinion.

I would totally recommend this lip product to anyone. I'll definitely be getting myself some more come payday.

Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede is available from most high street cosmetics stores for around £8.99







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amazing color...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an amazing colour!
    i wish your font was a little bit bigger :)

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    from Brigitte at BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin' | Twitter

    xoXo

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to every single comment, I would really love it if you left one!