My 2014 Goals

1:00 pm

I'm not going to call these 'resolutions' 'cause I just won't stick to them if I do (although, I read that you're 40% more likely to stick to a goal if you make it at this time of year- load of poppycock? probably) but I am going to try and improve myself and my life.



01. Get a wee bit healthier. Throughout the latter end of last year, I started to push myself towards a healthier lifestyle, and it was going pretty good until end of semester stress hit me and I forgot how to cook anything other than pizza. I've managed to cut down how much fizzy juice I consume drastically, but I wan't to pretty much cut it out this year. I'm fine with having a glass of cola if I'm out for a meal, but I don't want to rely on it again. I also got some new trainers and a FitBit One for Christmas, so I shall be joining the gym and doing a lot more physically. (Any Edinbuggers need a gym buddy?). I don't have a set weight or anything I want to achieve, because I just want to lead a healthier life.


02. Use my blog more. My posts recently have been dire. I didn't post a single thing in November, and while I understand that life just got in the way, I should have had some form of back up post for this. To get myself sorted, I'm going to start actually using a planner, and penciling in times when I should be shooting photographs and writing posts. This way I should be able to manage all my uni work, blog posts and work-work a little bit better. On the road to a less stressy me!


03. Pay off my camera. I bought a new camera in October last year, and borrowed the money from my lovely Mother to do so. While she's fine with me paying her back as and when I can, I wan't to get it over and done with this year, so it's not hanging over my head during my 4th and final year at uni. 


04. Finish my foot tattoos, and get a few more. I got the outline for my foot tattoos done in April of last year, with all intentions of going back maybe a month or two later to get them finished, but we ended up moving flat and so I couldn't afford it, and I've just never been back! I'm going to get a jar and just pop whatever I can afford (minimum of £20) from my wage every month, to save up for the them to be finished. Once they're finished, I have a load more I'm eager to get!


05. Do more. During uni I don't ever really have a 'day off', because I do such a practical course, there is always something I should be doing- photo shoots, workbooks, essays, editing, printing, theory work, reading, blah blah etc. I wan't to make more time for myself to do things- like go to museums, parks, hang out with friends, go on dates with Liam, go to blogger events. This one is probably going to be the hardest, considering I work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as well as being a university during the week, but even if I could free up time after I finish a shift or something, I think that would be a good start. 


It's going to be hard to stick to all of these, all the time, but I'm ready to put in the effort. I spent a lot of last year being sad about things or stressing about things. I've come to the conclusion that if I can't change it, there is no point in worrying or being sad about it, and if I can change it? Do it! Instead of stressing out and being harsh on myself for not blogging more, or spending too much, I should just blog more and spend less! Sounds so simple, lets give it a try. 




I'm such a nosey parker, what are your goals for this year? 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

I read and reply to every single comment, I would really love it if you left one!