REVIEW | Maybelline Baby Lips in "Cherry Me"

10:15 am





I feel I'm probably a little bit late to this party, but non-the-less I do rather like Maybeline's Baby Lips.
Essentially they are a tinted lip balm but to me they feel so much more glamorous. 

I'm not going to pretend that these have some magical lip-healing quality, but they're pretty. They feel nice on the lips, and they are hydrating, but if you're after a heavy-dubty lip balm, then go for something more like Burts Bees Beeswax Lipbalm or Blistex. However, if you want a moisturising hint of colour then these are truly wonderfull.


"Cherry Me" is, so far, the only one I own and is very pink when swatched, but shows up more "cherry" like when on the lips (at least in my case). I don't like to wear lipstick on a regular basis, as it's too much effort when I'm at uni or work all day so I think this is perfect. It takes a few swipes to build up colour so you could easily apply without a mirror, which is brilliant when I'm in lectures or photo-shoots all day.

From what I can see on the Boots website, there are 6 different scents/colours (although two seem to be clear) so you have a little bit of choice. The packaging is nice, I like how the colours of the tube and the writing 'pop' against each other. So far, the lid hasn't fallen off while it's been rolling around in the bottom of my bag, which tends to be my biggest issue with this type of packaging.


All in all, I like Maybelline's Baby Lips, and will be getting a few more colours. They'll be perfect over winter when the weather tends to dry out my lips whenever I even think of putting on lipstick. I'll still be keeping my beloved Carmex Cherry  in my bag for protection against the harsh Scottish weather, but will definitely be keeping a few of these around to add a pop of colour during the next few grey, rainy months.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the smell of this one. I went a bit crazy and bought all six... I do love a collection!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I'm dying to get some more, really fancy the Pink Punch one!

      x

      Delete

I read and reply to every single comment, I would really love it if you left one!